Energy efficiency can translate into many benefits such as cost savings and a greener environment.
There are various ways in which you can achieve energy efficiency in your home or office. The most impactful way is by fine tuning your HVAC system. Here are some simple tips that can help bring down power bills and make the environment greener:
• Energy efficiency of the HVAC system largely depends on the seasonal energy efficiency ratio of your central heating and electrical system. So, it is important that you buy systems with high SEER.
• Size of the heating and air conditioning unit would also determine the energy efficiency. If the system is too large for the space then it would mean a waste of energy.
• Over time, dirt accumulates in the internal and external coils of the air conditioner. To save power, you must get an HVAC company to clean the coils.
• You must perform an annual or semi-annual maintenance of your heating system. A professional heating company can do a complete tune up of your heating system, making it a lot more effective and energy efficient.
• Just like your air conditioner coils, the heating system filters also require regular maintenance. They should be cleaned, and if required, replaced regularly. Doing so improves the effectiveness and energy efficiency of the system.
• Request the HVAC company to conduct a tune up of your air conditioning system. The professionals would inspect the system for any flaws, and ensure that it is running to its full capacity and consuming minimum possible energy.
• Your home insulation plays an important role in determining the energy efficiency. Proper insulation would mean that no heat escapes your home causing energy loss. You can get the insulation inspected from a professional HVAC company. It is important to check areas around doors and windows to ensure proper insulation. This is an important step towards energy conservation.
• When you carry out activities inside the house that create a lot of heat, it puts additional burden on the air conditioning system, especially if it is hot outside. You can save a good amount of energy by conducting heat generating activities such as cooking at a time when the outside temperatures are relatively low.
• To help the air conditioners work better and consume less power, you should try to turn off all equipment that generates heat. Don’t keep the television, oven, computers, or other electronics switched on when they are not in use.
• Try turning the thermostat of your heating system to a few degrees lower when you are leaving home. You can bring the temperature back to the required level when you return home. This will save a lot of power.
• Bring in the natural light as much as you can, as it will help heat up the home and reduce the burden on heating systems.
These simple tips from Engineered Solutions can go a long way in helping you achieve energy efficiency.
Call Engineered Solutions at (314) 394-0802 today.
Photo credit: jackiebese