There are many benefits to using a HEPA air filter. Here is what you should understand before purchasing an air purifier for your St. Louis home.
At some point in your life, you’ve probably considered purchasing an air purifier. Whether you’re a smoker, live near a busy street, or simply want to optimize your surroundings, buying one of these machines is likely a smart idea. Here are some of the benefits and essential information you should understand before purchasing an air purifier.
The first thing you need to know before deciding is what the benefits of these filters are. The following are the three most important of them.
- Healthy Lungs – At the top of the list is healthy lungs. The truth is that no matter where you live in St. Louis, you could be at risk of particulates and other constituents getting into your body. The result can be reduced function and a multitude of other complications that you’d never expect.
- Reduced Allergies – People with allergies often have trouble around dust, pollen, and other irritants. If you are one of them, a filter can help you reduce your allergic episodes. This development can be crucial for those with significant issues.
- Healthy Skin – Lastly, filters can help clean your air of dust mites, which have been proven to irritate the skin.
One additional thing to note is that filters are especially useful for those who live with others that smoke, as these households have significantly more harmful particulates than a typical living space.
Learn more: 4 HVAC Tips for Better Indoor Air Quality
What Does “HEPA” Mean?
“HEPA” stands for high-efficiency particulate air. What that means in practice is that these filters give your air a deeper clean than many others. This effect is crucial because many filters claim to clean your air but actually do very little for the quality of your surroundings.
Your Two Options For Purification
The following two methods are your best options for purifying your home.
- Standalone – You can buy these devices at your local home improvement store or through an online retailer. What is nice about them is that they are relatively cheap, though you might have to invest in a few of them if you want full house coverage.
- HVAC – Your second option is installing a HEPA filter into your existing HVAC system. While this option might be more expensive, it likely will lead to superior air quality in your home. If you choose to go with this option, you probably should not try to do it alone. Instead, call up a local specialist and ask for a consultation.
Should you get a HEPA filter for your home?
The answer to this question comes down to the condition of your surroundings and your willingness to invest in the machinery. If the air in your space is clean and you’d rather not spend extra money on it, then you may decide to pass. On the other hand, those with suboptimal air quality should heavily consider making a change. No matter which way you go, you now have the information you need to make an informed decision.
St. Louis HVAC Systems
Engineered Solutions Heating & Air Conditioning has more than 30 years of HVAC engineering and installation experience. We continue to provide the St. Louis Metro area with the highest quality HVAC services. We will repair, maintain and install your HVAC home or business system.
Call Engineered Solutions today at (314) 394-0802 today to request a free estimate.