St. Louis Heater – Heaters – Furnace Repair
Engineered Solutions is a full service heating company in St. Louis. We will replace, repair or provide regular maintenance for your heater.
A heater, or furnace, refers to a device that is used to heat a home. A heater is a major household appliance and is key to keeping a family warm and safe when it is cold outside. Most residential heaters run on gas, however some are oil-based. At Engineered Solutions, we understand heating systems. Your heating system should not only be reliable but should also be energy efficient so that your heating costs stay low, even on the coldest day of the year.
Energy Efficient Heating
Most homes in the United States are heated by a furnace. A furnace heats the air and then distributes the air through air ducts in the home. The annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) is used to measure how efficient a heater is at converting the energy in its fuel to heat. It is a requirement by the Federal Trade Commission that manufacturers display their products AFUE so that one product’s efficiency can be compared to another.
If a heater’s AFUE is 90% then this means that 90% of the energy in the fuel actually becomes heat, while the remaining 10% is lost up the chimney or in another place. This does not include the amount of heat that may be lost in the air duct system.
The current AFUE rating that is acceptable is 78% for all fossil-fueled, warm-air heaters. Mid-efficient heaters have an AFUE of 80% to 83%. High-efficient heaters have an AFUE of 90% to 98.5%.
Trane carries a wide variety of high-efficient and mid-efficient heaters like the XC95m which has an AFUE of 97.3%. Some of the others that Trane makes include:
- XV95 – up to 97% AFUE
- XL95 – up to 96% AFUE
- XT95 – up to 95% AFUE
- XB90 – up to 90% AFUE
- XL80 – up to 80% AFUE
Purchasing a new, energy efficient heater will give you the combined benefit of lower utility bills and a warm, comfortable home.
In addition to the heaters efficiency rating, it is important that you have an expert conduct a load calculation. Many homes have a heater that is either too small or too big. A discrepancy either way, can create a variety of problems. It can mean more maintenance issues or can be detrimental to your energy costs each month. At Engineered Solutions we can help you determine which heater is right for the size for your home.
Furnace Repair and Maintenance
Replacing your old heating system with a new one may be exactly what you need. However, it may be that your current system needs repair or maintenance to continue running at it’s optimum level.
The furnace repair technicians at Engineered Solutions will analyze your system and provide you with the best solutions. After more than 30 years in the residential heating industry, we have hands-on experience working with the most popular manufacturers like Trane, Lennox, American Standard, Carrier, York, Amana and Goodman just to name a few.
St. Louis Heater Systems
Engineered Solutions is one of the few heating and air conditioning companies in St. Louis that has a master technician and mechanical engineer as an owner. This fact, combined with our more than 30 years of experience gives us an advantage over our competition. We will service all types and repair all brands of heaters and furnaces. If you need a new system, trust us to help you determine which one will best fit your needs.
Call (314) 394-0802 to schedule a free estimate!